Patch release to resolve issues with existing functionality
• /RBO (Read Before Overwrite) now works with string tags. Previously, RBO would always post values to string tags even when an identical value was present.
• The /SYNC_TIME parameter now is not applied during the input historical recovery. Previously the parameter caused events were removed from the archive when historical recovery was enabled.
New optional mode to close ODBC link if inactive for a time. New optional delete mode.
- The ODBC link closes after execution and a period of inactivity - This mode is enabled when the start-up parameter /CLOSE_LINK=#seconds is set.
- Synchronize events in PI Data Archive including deletions from RDB tables - This mode is enabled when the start-up parameter /SYNC_TIME=start-time,end-time is set.
64-bit version now available in addition to 32-bit version. Security
updates including ability to run with a least privileged account. Also support
for setting Questionable bit.
64 bit version is now available - in
addition to the existing 32-bit version.
Support for setting
questionable bit – with the newly added Questionable Flag
Milliseconds are now shown
correctly - for tag type Timestamp
The IO rate tag is now
updated correctly - when writing values with annotations to PI using
Security updates -
UniInt leverages the latest Microsoft software security defenses provided by the
compiler and operating system.
Least privileged account support
- Interface services are now allowed to run under an account with the
least privileges required, and limit the rights of the account to access
This release addresses important bug fixes.
Improved health monitoring when used with Managed PI and other enhancements and fixes.
Additional PI Message Log logging – each message printed into the interface specific log will also be copied into the local PI Message Log.
New option for cold failover – allows a node that was primary and had a bad status the opportunity to regain good status and become primary again without a restart.
New options for failover - where there is both PI Interface failover and data source (a.k.a. server) failover.
Better health monitoring with Managed PI – when in failover and the connection to the source database was lost, interface health information was not properly reported. This has been fixed.
This release addresses important bug fixes.
Rare, potential data-loss problem fixed – If the PI Server connection was lost during interface startup, the interface might fail to load all of its points. This potential problem exists in UniInt version 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, affecting version 220.127.116.11 of this interface. This has been corrected in this version of the interface now built on version 18.104.22.168 of UniInt.
mPI health information in performance counters and mPI severity messages.
Interface Messages are now written to the PI Message Log - and are no longer written to the pipc.log file.
New command line parameter - /Failover_Timout=# allows the interface to "not fail-over" in case it has to execute long lasting queries.
Added configuration options and fixed minor bugs.
- Ability to write to tags outside the specified point source has been made optional. In scenarios where the collected events are distributed to tags based on a tag name or alias a new start-up parameter explicitly enables this feature.
- Optionally exclude selected events, which contain NULLs. By default the interface translated the value column, which contained NULLs, to a digital state No Data. This feature has been made configurable.
- The text of the SQL statement has been made uppercase. It caused problems on databases, which were case sensitive. Bug was introduced in version 3.17 and has been corrected in this release.
- The Device Status tag no longer uses the Connected/ No Data status right after start-up. This is a behavior change required by Managed PI. The status did not change to Good unless some data were selected. This has been changed.
New Features: Support added for bulk data input - data migration from the relational database into PI. Support added for failover between two mirrored SQL Servers. Ability to send events to PI Tags outside the specified PointSource. Support for a circular buffer for the RDBMSPI specific log files. Support added to allow the InstrumentTag to be used for other purposes - other than th...
(RDBMS via ODBC) (RDBMSPI) Interface W/ICU Control; Bulk data input; Data migration
This version contains three bug fixes and one enhancement. The interface and install kit include the following: Installs on Windows 2000 SP4, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, and 2008 Server Supports SetDeviceStatus and UniInt Health Tags Supports Multi-Character PointSource UniInt Interface Level Failover Phase 2 - Cold
UniInt Interface Level Failover Phase 2 - Cold; Bug fixes
Please note: All announced and anticipated software releases are subject
to change in both timing and content at the sole discretion of OSIsoft and neither
the information provided above, nor any other pronouncement should be construed
as a commitment by OSIsoft to deliver any specific feature or attribute at any specific
time. As such, the information provided here should not be used as a basis for purchasing
any software OSIsoft currently offers. All information contained herein is subject
to change at any time at OSIsoft’s sole discretion and is for informational purposes
only. OSIsoft does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the information contained