PI SDK 2018
Bug fixes, performance & security improvements
PI SDK 2016
Upgrade to the latest internal core libraries shared with the PI Data Archive enables transport-level security of network communication and improved stability for asynchronous calls. Improvements in the setup kit.
PI SDK 2014 R2
This release adds support for PI BufSS v4.4.
Stability improvements in multi-threaded environments and bug fixes.
PI SDK 2014
Released as part of PI Server 2014 R2, this release adds support for PI BufSS v4.3. Bug fixes.
- This release incorporates an update to PI Buffer Subsystem (PI BufSS v4.3) which improves the installation, configuration and management experience along with significant performance improvement.
- PI BufSS v4.3 will also allow clients to write data to multiple PI Collectives.
- Other bug fixes to PI SDK are also included.
PI SDK 2012
Localization support for PI SDK Utility and common dialogs/controls, and minor bug fixes.
Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
PI SDK 2010 R2
Support for buffered data writes and writing to High Availability PI Collective.
- Buffered data writes to PI Server 3.4.375+
- Support for writing to High Availability PI
- New PI SDK Utility, includes support tools
126.96.36.1998/PI API 188.8.131.52
Delivers a patched version of the PI API (184.108.40.206).
Fixes for the 64-bit PISDK.
- Reduce store size in message logging
- Servers & PITimeZone collection permission fixes
- EventPipe fix for possible skipped polling
- Korean locale fix for formatting subsecond timestamps
- West Australian time zone fix
- Include MDBtree editor for PI 3.4.380
Support 64 bit products.
The PISDK is needed for several products that link with 64 bit dlls or access resources for 64 bit exclusively, such as IIS on x64.
220.127.116.114/PI API 18.104.22.168
Various bug fixes.
- Potential "Timeout on PI RPC or System Call" errors or "incomplete message" errors when sending or receiving large messages on PINS (client or interface) nodes.
- Repeated licensing messages written to the log file.
- Memory leaks.
- A problem with a Point Database caching, which is used with disconnected startup.
Address an issue in the PI Network Manager with timeout errors and incomplete messages on interface nodes.
Windows Integrated Security PI SDK
Integrate with the new PI Server 3.4.380 Windows authentication enhancements.
This enhancement provides a single sign on mechanism that is integrated with Active Directory principals, administration of users in AD (after initial setup), and improved use of AD groups.
Various bug fixes and enhancements.
- Release version containing Korean localized resources
- Setup kit modifications and enhancements including splitting OS prerequisites from OSI deliverable products and file based update of the KST
- Annotation and Archive Editor common control enhancements for client applications
22.214.171.1248/PI API 126.96.36.199
Allow selection of locale independent of OS regional settings.
- For our localized products there are translation corrections and a new override of common control locale through AboutPI-SDK.
- Fixes for HA configuration and KST management.
- Memory leaks are fixed that affect the PI OLEDB Provider.
- A PINS node limitation of five connections for applications without an AppID was removed. This resolves a problem exhibited in current PI ACE releases (PI ACE v2.1.8 and PI ACE v1.2.24).
- Changes were made to allow easier mapping of time zone resources for RtBaseline services-based applications.
High Availability PI SDK
188.8.131.523/PI API 184.108.40.206
Added support for replicated PI Servers (High Availability).
- This functionality allows client applications to continue operating if any one out of the collection of replicated servers (collective) is available. Some functionality may be restricted if the primary PI Server is unavailable.
- Implemented performance related enhancements with digital state sets, point attribute collections, PointList.AddItems method, and GetPoints partial results. As a result, the tag search dialog now gives running updates to the results of searches.
- Added automatic synchronization of the pilogin.ini with the known servers table (KST) whenever the pilogin dialogs (PI API-based) are loaded.
Please note: All announced and anticipated software releases are subject
to change in both timing and content at the sole discretion of OSIsoft and neither
the information provided above, nor any other pronouncement should be construed
as a commitment by OSIsoft to deliver any specific feature or attribute at any specific
time. As such, the information provided here should not be used as a basis for purchasing
any software OSIsoft currently offers. All information contained herein is subject
to change at any time at OSIsoft’s sole discretion and is for informational purposes
only. OSIsoft does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the information contained