PI System Connector
PI System Connector
PI System Connector provides a convenient and autonomous solution to constantly sync and move data between a source and destination PI System. The connector reads and moves PI AF hierarchy from a source to destination PI System along with the associated AF library objects and the referenced PI points.
• Reads and moves AF objects - from source to destination, which include, elements, element templates, event frames, categories, digital sets, enumeration sets, internal tables, UOM objects and reference types.
• Detects all referenced PI points - within the PI AF hierarchy on source system and automatically creates corresponding PI points on the destination system. In addition to auto tag creation, the connector also continuously moves archived data for those PI points.
• Identifies and automatically syncs - changes made to the PI AF Objects and PI points on the source, to the destination.
• Supports data buffering - at the connector node during loss of connection between the connector and the PI Connector Relay.
• Supports encrypted and lossless compression of data - between the connector and PI Connector Relay, which reduces the bandwidth required to transfer data.
• Supports PI points data backfill - both during initial start-up and also during a connection interruption between source and destination PI System. The PI System Connector supports in-order data backfill.
Please note: All announced and anticipated software releases are subject
to change in both timing and content at the sole discretion of OSIsoft and neither
the information provided above, nor any other pronouncement should be construed
as a commitment by OSIsoft to deliver any specific feature or attribute at any specific
time. As such, the information provided here should not be used as a basis for purchasing
any software OSIsoft currently offers. All information contained herein is subject
to change at any time at OSIsoft’s sole discretion and is for informational purposes
only. OSIsoft does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the information contained