PI Vision is an intuitive web-client visualization tool that delivers fast, easy, and secure access to all your PI System data. With PI Vision, you can easily perform ad hoc analysis, discover answers, and share your insights with others. Support for mobile browsers and customized views for small screen devices means that you can access important process information from any device.
PI Vision gives users a quick and easy way to share displays and encourages colleagues to collaborate across the enterprise. PI Vision is easy to deploy, upgrade, and maintain. A single web server hosts PI Vision for modern desktop browsers and mobile devices alike.
PI Vision 2017 R2 provides the following key new features and enhancements:
- Display Organization - Important PI Vision displays can be organized into a folder hierarchy on the home page, allowing easier classification, location and retrieval of displays. In addition, PI Vision Administrators now can view private displays on the PI Vision home page, as well as change the display settings for those displays.
- Asset-Relative Display Enhancements - The related assets feature in PI Vision has been enhanced to give display authors more control over asset-relative displays. Configure a display to show only the desired assets in the asset selector or disable the asset selector completely. The asset selector now also affects the search root for collections and dynamic tables on the display. Display users can also filter the asset list by asset name to change the asset context of the display.
- XY Plot Symbol - The XY Plot allows visualizing correlations between process variables for a specified time range and compare correlations across assets and time ranges.
- Events Table – View, acknowledge and enter reason codes on a dynamically updating list of events in real-time.
- Event Frame Reason Codes - Users can now enter reason codes from a pre-defined reason code hierarchy on Event Frames in the Events Table and on the Event Details page for Event Frame attributes that are defined as Reason traits in PI AF 2017 R2.
- Asset Comparison Table Multi-stating – Visualize KPIs and limit violations across assets by defining multistate limits and colors for attributes in the Asset Comparison Table.
- Display Updates – Font sizing for text and value symbols, number formatting, active hyperlinks for URL-formatted values, support for the ‘excluded’ AF attribute property and a new data export format.
Check out our training videos on the PI Vision YouTube playlist
Read the PI Vision User Guide and the PI Vision Installation and Administration Guide in Live Library
or download the PDF documents from the Tech Support Downloads
Send Us Your Feedback
View customers' ideas about the product, submit your own, or vote on future features at the PI Vision User Forum