With this release, the PI Interface for SNMP is now available in two different options: a new read-only option and an update to the already-existing read-write option.
The read-only option is strongly recommended for installation if updates to the data source are not needed (that is, it does not allow output points). The read-only option provides the best defense against accidental or malicious changes to the control system because it cannot write to the data source.
The read-write option retains the ability to write data to the data source (using output points) and is an update to previous installations of this interface.
- Users can now configure the interface to ignore certain devices when reporting the device status - using the new /IgnoreDevice command line parameter. This switch supports wildcards, so multiple devices can be ignored.
- Security updates – UniInt leverages the latest Microsoft software security defenses provided by the compiler and operating system.
- Least privileged account support – Interface services are now allowed to run under an account with the least privileges required, and limit the rights of the account to access resources.
- Improved performance - on disconnected startup point caching.
- Please see the Read-only versus Read-write Interfaces FAQ document online for the latest information regarding read-only PI Interfaces.
- Please see the interface release notes for more details on enhancements and quality improvements included with this release.
- Please see the user guide for more information about this interface.
Components and Supported Operating Systems
- Supported on Windows (7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008 SP2, Server 2008 R2 SP1, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016)
- PI Interface for SNMP - ICU Control 22.214.171.124
- PI SDK 2016 (126.96.36.1994)
- PI API 188.8.131.52
- PI Buffer Subsystem 184.108.40.206
You can access all the interface specific information on the PI Interface for SNMP details page.
Self-extracting EXE (Contains Interface, ICU Control, release notes and manual, plus PI SDK 2016 (220.127.116.114) and PI API 18.104.22.168))
Download PI Interface for SNMP Install Kit (ReadOnly)
Download PI Interface for SNMP Install Kit (ReadWrite)