OSIsoft is pleased to announce the release of PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS 2017. This version of the integrator features time-enabled mapping allowing ArcGIS clients to access and display historical PI System data. Users are now able to view data stored at any time in the PI System in addition to the previously available streaming current data.
Other New Features
- Augmented feature layers to join operational data from the PI System with geometry data stored in ArcGIS
- Manageability of ArcGIS objects created by the Integrator
- Automatic detection of new AF elements for relevant layers
The following changes have been introduced in PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS 2017:
- Previous releases of the Integrator included two components, the Data Relay and the Application Server. These have been merged into a single executable. There is now one install kit for one server.
- There is no longer a dependency on Microsoft IIS for the web server; instead, the application now runs as a self-hosted web service.
- Performance counters are not included in PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS 2017. If you are upgrading from an earlier version of PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS, any performance counters that were associated with the earlier version will be removed when the Application Server and Data relay components are uninstalled.
- Upgrading from the 2015 release is supported, however upgrading from earlier versions (2014 SP1 and earlier) and upgrading from the CTP version is not supported.
- Silent installs are currently not supported.
- Time-enabled feature layers are not supported with Portal for ArcGIS when configured to use IWA
For a complete list of new features, quality improvements and known issues, please refer to the product release notes.
Components and Supported Operating Systems
PI System Components Requirements
- PI Server 2012 or later
- Data Archive version 3.4.390 or later
- Asset Framework (AF) server version 2.5 or later
- PI Vision, PI Coresight 2015 and later versions
- PI Integrator for Esri ArcGIS
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012®, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2® or later
- Access to a local or remote Microsoft SQL Server 2012® or later
- .NET framework 4.6.1
- AF Client version 188.8.131.5202
Esri ArcGIS Platform Components
All Esri components must be version 10.2.2 or later (v 10.5 or later is strongly recommended)
- ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS GIS Server must be licensed as Standard or Advanced edition)
- ArcGIS GeoEvent Server
For a complete experience, we also recommend:
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro
- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
- Please see the integrator release notes for more details on enhancements and quality improvements included with this release.
- Please see the user guide for more information about this integrator.
You can access all the integrator specific information on the PI Integrator for Esri® ArcGIS® System Requirements page.
Self-extracting EXE (Contains Integrator and PI AF Client (x64) 2016 R2 SP1 (184.108.40.20602))
Download PI Integrator for Esri® ArcGIS® Install Kit