Starting with version 184.108.40.206, the PI Interface for SNMP is available in two different options: a new read-only option and an update to the already-existing read-write option.
The read-only option is strongly recommended for installation if updates to the data source are not needed (that is, it does not allow output points). The read-only option provides the best defense against accidental or malicious changes to the control system because it cannot write to the data source.
The read-write option retains the ability to write data to the data source (using output points) and is an update to previous installations of this interface.
For more information on these two interface options and how to switch from the read-write option to the read-only option, please see the Read-only versus Read-write Interfaces FAQ
- Windows Credential Manager is now utilized - to store password information.
- AES encryption types - are now supported along with DES encryption types.
- The latest version of OpenSSL library - is now used.
- Opaque data types – are now supported.
- When configured to use SNMP v3 protocol – the context name may now be set.
Components and Supported Operating Systems
- Supported on Windows (7 SP1, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008 SP2, Server 2008 R2 SP1, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016)
- PI Interface for SNMP - ICU Control 220.127.116.11
- PI SDK 2016 R2 (18.104.22.1684)
- PI Buffer Subsystem 22.214.171.124
- PI API 126.96.36.199
- Please see the interface release notes for more details on enhancements and quality improvements included with this release.
- Please see the user guide for more information about this interface.
You can access all the interface specific information on the PI Interface for SNMP
Self-extracting EXE (Contains Interface, ICU Control, release notes and User Guide, plus PI SDK 2016 (188.8.131.524) and PI API 184.108.40.206)
Download PI Interface for SNMP Interface Install Kit (Read-Only)
Download PI Interface for SNMP Interface Install Kit (Read-Write)