PI Vision 2017 R2 SP1 is a service pack release that replaces PI Vision 2017 R2. The SP1 release resolves issues with using PI Vision with AF Server 2018, as well as fixing many critical bug fixes.
With PI Vision 2017 R2 SP1, you can access and visualize PI System data using a web browser. The browser-based display editor allows rich graphic displays or quick ad-hoc investigation. Displays are easily and securely shared with other users and can be viewed on large screens or small mobile devices. Some of the key features of PI Vision 2017 R2 SP1 are:
- Display Organization. Important PI Vision displays can be organized into a folder hierarchy on the home page, allowing easier classification, location and retrieval of displays. In addition, PI Vision Administrators now can view private displays on the PI Vision home page, as well as change the settings for those displays.
- Asset-Relative Display Enhancements. The related assets feature in PI Vision has been enhanced to give display authors more control over asset-relative displays. Display authors can use asset search criteria to configure the list of assets in the asset swap drop-down on a display or, a dynamically wide drop-down, so long asset names and paths are visible. The asset selector now affects the search root for collections and dynamic tables on the display. Display users can also quickly find an asset and change display context by filtering the asset drop-down list by asset name.
- XY Plot Symbol. The XY Plot symbol is no longer designated a CTP (Community Technology Preview) symbol in this version of PI Vision. The XY Plot allows visualizing correlations between process variables for a specified time range and compare correlations across assets and time ranges.
- Events Table. The Events Table symbol is no longer designated a CTP symbol in this version of PI Vision. The Events table shows all events for defined search criteria. Display users can view, acknowledge and enter reason codes for a dynamically updating list of events in real-time.
- Event Frame Reason Codes. Users can now enter reason codes from a predefined reason code hierarchy on Event Frames in the Events Table and on the Event Details page for Event Frame attributes that are defined as Reason traits in PI AF 2017 R2.
- Asset Comparison Table Multi-stating. Visualize KPIs and limit violations across assets by defining multi-state limits and colors for attributes in the Asset Comparison Table.
- Display Updates. Font sizing for text and value symbols, number formatting, active hyperlinks for URL-formatted values, support for the "excluded" AF attribute property, and a new data export format.